Broforce has terrain destruction.
Broforce has terrorist destruction.
But Broforce didn't have points...
In custom levels, you can now compete to be the most manly or the most wantonly violent. Check the forums for shared custom levels, or download from the level sharing service if you're an online tier backer.
Harnessing the power of the INTERNET, Broforce now brings you the opprtunity for infinate new levels to liberate! Combined with Level Editor, you can now create, publish and upload your levels, magically transporting them to bros' computers around the world - inflicting upon them great enjoyment...or great pain, depending on your desires.
Tell level creators what you think of their genuis and hard work, and have bros' vote on your levels as well, to bring the cream of the crop to the top.
- Sign posts (with words written on them)
- Can tag doodads in the Level Editor
- Brotality triggers, Entity triggers for when entities die
- The custom menu looks less like pants (and it'll get even better still)
- There will always be a bro that is spawned in the Level Editor (which is less confusing)
- Paratrooping Mooks don't spawn on screen
- Less z-fighting on trees and vehicles (though there is still more to do in this regard)
- Stopped McBrover's satchel packs exploding arbitrarily on doors
- Blocks don't float after being above cages
- Level Editor keeps better track of the level's filename
- Scout Mooks don't levitate while screaming
- Less forgetful Suicide Mooks
- Softened the tanks' explosion on death (that had the effect of launching bros into the tanks' rockets)
Jarred's hard at work making new enemies for you to kill (and new bros for you to kill them with) - coming soon to an update near you!
Like our new logo?
NEW BROFORCE TRAILER!
Enter the Brotrix - check it out:
Here's some concepting artwork we did for the trailer:
Welcome Mr Anderbro to the Broforce team. You can give him a first look by downloading the latest version of the beta.
The level editor has received its usual assortment of tweaks and fixes. It can now do basic mathematics, and you can spawn barrels above bros' heads.
Some manly artwork to end off:
Welcome to all our new backers! Here's the bro down:
- Have you joined the forums yet?
- Read previous newsletters on the website (just scroll down)
- Keep up to date on the beta changelog either via the forum blog or the beta updates tab on the website
- Access the latest version of the beta by visiting your Humble Bundle page (follow the link from the email you received when you pre-ordered and use your unique key to access the beta)
New Terrain Types
We grew concerned that there wasn't enough destruction in the levels. So we added...
SAND THAT WILL LITERALLY CRUMBLE BENEATH YOUR FEET AS YOU STEP ON IT.
Thanks to all you bros for the ongoing liberation efforts in the Vietnamese jungles.
Coincidentally, we've just discovered oil pipelines there.
In completely unrelated news, we've redoubled the liberation efforts in the Vietnamese jungles by introducing a competitive speed liberation mode that we call....
Update to Level Editor
Thanks for all the invaluable feedback we've received on Level Editor. You should find it to be a lot more user-friendly and powerful with the latest update.
If you haven't already, you really need to go check out some of the brotastic levels being shared on the forums.
Answers to such vitally important questions such as when will I get to play Broforce? Will it be Mac/Linux compatible? What's the difference between the tiers? What carat gold will the jacuzzis be? and more can be found in our handy and super informative pre-orders FAQ. Still stymied? Drop us an email>.
New update to the beta available now! Introducing:
- Build and play your own levels using the same tools that we use at Free Lives! It's still a little rough around the edges but we've got it to the point where it's slightly less easy to break the entire game by pressing one wrong button. (We hope). With your help we can make building a level as smooth as a baby dolphin's bum. We're really looking forward to playing some of your levels! Big thanks to our special team of testers who helped us get this far with the editor. Especially Douzeju, North pawfuly and EpicFailNot for the hours of feedback. High fives, bros!
We've enjoyed stealing all your awesome ideas. In order to make this more convenient for us, we've set up an All-Things-Broforce forum.
As a side benefit, you can also share your levels, report any bugs, feedback and suggestions here too. Find it here: www.broforcegame.com/forums
Welcome to all our new backers and a huge thank you to all of you again for your support!
Many sorries that we've been so quiet these last few weeks. We've been suprt busy with lots of behind-the-scenes stuff that's been difficult to show & share. But we've just done our first update on the new Humble Bundle system, and from now you should see new updates coming at you think and throbbingly... On that note:
Offline Death Match Beta
The first update to backers is now available. Check out the Death Match Mode beta and let us know what you think! Here's how:
You should have received an email from Humble Bundle when you pre-ordered. Go to this email, click on the link to take you to your page Humble Bundle, and enter your unique key to access this update.
Check out Steven Tu's vine of Rami Ismail, SOS Soswki, Christopher Priestman and himself having fun with Death Match here:
We'll be releasing another small update to the Death Match beta in the next few days to fix one or two small bugs we've noted (including key set up issue).
- Here are some more awesome updates we're hoping to get into your manly paws in the next few weeks:
- 75% more American flags
- Level editor beta and custom maps (currently in testing)
- Extra competative (or should we say, bropetative?) mode
Very, very early stages...
PROGRAMMER FIRST ITERATION:
ARTIST FIRST ITERATION:
***Beta Backers: You should have received a newsletter like this one in your inbox earlier this week. If you haven't, please check your spam folder in case it ended up there. Not spammed? Send us a message with your email address and we'll make sure you get future news updates. ***
A huge thank you to everybro who has thrown shiny coins at us! We really wouldn't be able to do this without your support. Feeling the bromance!
As you might have seen, we did two updates in July to the Broforce alpha. The first one was a big meaty one, ramping up Broforce's chainsaw quota by 100% with the awesome addition of Ash Brolliams to the team. The second was a smaller, polishing update. We expect the beta to be ready in the next month or so. Once the beta launches, the alpha will stay mostly as it is at that point, and we will continue doing updates to the beta right up until the full game is released.
Jarred's been REALLY hard at work (as always). First of all, have a look at this brotastic t-shirt concept:
We're hoping to make t-shirts available through the Humble pre-orders store soon.
(Remember you can up your tier at any time so you don't need to worry about missing out on any new tier options we add)
And, here's a sneak peak at some concepting/work in progress...
HOT AIR BALLOON & CITY ENVIRONMENT:
ALIEN BOSS CONCEPTS:
ARE YOU READY TO FACE THIS GUY?
So, the Broforce terrorist bodycount is now over 55 million… more than the population of South Africa! Oh sweet liberty, WHAT HAVE WE CREATED?!
Also, we’ve just done some minor updates to the Brototype, including:
- You can now clear unlocked bro progress and experience Broforce from the beginning again
- Music on/off
- MacBrover can now plant TNT all over the face of terror. Both deadly and hilarious
- Added some checkpoints to decrease load times after failure
- Ammo crates to fight over, to see who gets to rain down the most liberty
- Various bug fixes including slightly improved bees
WE’VE BEEN GREENLIT!!! Thanks to all of you bros who voted for Broforce. All 82,000 of you!
We’re not done developing the game yet, we’ve still got a lot of awesome features to cram in, but this makes it a lot easier to focus solely on making Broforce the best game we possibly can.
If you want to support Broforce further, please consider pre-ordering it.
All the money we receive from pre-orders is going into improving this game and defeating terrorists.
The war on terror has only just begun!!
SHOW US THE MONEY!
YEAHHHH! We’ve launched pre-orders! Finally, all you crazy bro’s who’ve been telling us you’re throwing money at the screen with no results can do something more effective! If you haven’t already, go check out our starter tiers now:
No, really, go now – we’ll wait.
Back? Pre-ordered? Supporting ‘Murica in the war on Terror? Great.
We were really excited about this month’s update. Ash Brolliams has ripped into the game with chainsaw roaring – of course this required serious testing and tweaking (read: playing extra hours of Broforce in the name of work). The hard work seems to have paid off and he’s holding his own with the team, rampaging and chainsawing as only Ash can do.
IMPROVED STRUCTURAL SAFETY
Evan was preoccupied with sorting out the reported structural issues in the levels, having heard the cries of dying bro’s bemoaning death by pixelated crates. Introducing: scaffolding. So how’s that working out for ya?
TOO MANY BOMBS?
(ARE YOU SPEAKING ENGLISH?)
The new level with raining, nay, torrential bombs needed some fine tuning from its first iteration. When all of us at the office (who, we think it’s fair to say, are fairly skilled Broforce players) died numerous horrible deaths and still couldn’t get to the choppa, it was voted that perhaps, just this once, we might want to scale down the bombs a little. So we did. Then we scaled them back up. But just a little less. We think we’ve found the sweet spot now.
THAT GOOD OL’ WAR ON TERROR
We MacGuyvered some analytics into the back end of Broforce (in the name of freedom), then sat back like badly dressed FBI agents and clicked ‘refresh’ on the statistics. We’d all taken bets about how many mooks would die within the first week. I’m not going to tell you what our guesses were, but suffice to say we’ll stick to game development and steer clear of horse tracks and wall street for the time being. Anyway, within the first five minutes over 10 000 mooks had been killed from the moment our update went live. When we checked two days later, we’d hit over 2 million. No kidding. In one weekend, you guys killed as many mooks as the entire population of Namibia. (For those of you not near a map, it’s a somewhat sparsely populated country bordering South Africa). (For those of you who live in America, South Africa is at the bottom of Africa).
A few days later...
That was fun.
FULL STEAM AHEAD
We also worked on killer bees, that cunning new miniboss and a few other additions – it was a productive month and we felt pretty good about progress. Looking forward, there’s still a ridiculously long list of things we want to add – but we’re taking it one step at a time (unlike those evil balaclava-toting dogs that leap the moment they see their target, regardless of where the ground is – we’ve got more sense, see).
JULY REVIEW HIGHLIGHTS
Jesse Cox and IndieStatik’s Josh Mattingly featured Broforce on ‘THE GREENLIGHT’.
Man, we laughed so hard. Awesome bro-op stuff.
Yogscast did a Part 1, Part 2 play through.
It’s hard to express just how much we enjoyed watching them play in part 1. We loved part 1. But [Part 2] was painful – they were playing an older version of the Brototype and got slaughtered (on a ridiculously hard level that had been removed from the latest update). And slaughtered. And slaughtered. A humbling moment for us. Evan and Ruan are now looking at ways to remove some of the frustration, while maintaining the fun and the challenge.
Easily one of the best and most hilarious playthroughs of Broforce. We can’t stop watching this video.
On our side we learnt a lot from watching them stumble on the later levels (which were removed from the current build a couple weeks back) in "Part Two - Guns Blazing!". We’re now working on an update that adds some fun features and hopefully removes some of the frustration.
It’s such a fine line between challenging and frustrating. (But we’re learning to spot it thanks to playthroughs such as this).
Simon and Lewis are such bros that time slows down even in real life when they high-five.
|Source:||YOGSCAST Lewis & Simon|
We've just updated the Brototype. Prepare to be mindblown! The latest update has:
- More levels with more explosions...and some torrential tyranny for good measure
- New bro, introducing 100% more chainsaws
- Cunningly disguised new miniboss
- Testosterone-fuelled power metal
- We've been hearing reports of bros suffering from fatal collapsing terrain accidents. So we've added scaffolding to levels for additional support.
- We are now carefully monitoring your every move inside and outside the game. If that doesn't spell F.R.E.E.D.O.M, we don't know what does.rotastic t-shirt concept:
Play it for free here: Play Brototype Now