What Is Gorn?
GORN is a ludicrously violent VR gladiator simulator for Vive, currently available on Steam Early Access. Featuring a unique, fully physics driven combat engine, GORN combatants will be able to creatively execute their most violent gladiatorial fantasies in virtual reality. Savagely strike down an infinite supply of poorly-animated opponents with all manner of weapons – from swords, maces, and bows to nunchuks, throwing knives, massive two-handed war hammers or even your blood-soaked bare hands. The only limits to the carnage are your imagination and decency, in the most brutal and savage VR face-smashing game ever produced by man.
Let's Play by Rooster Teeth:
Game Design: Ruan Rothmann
Programming: Ruan Rothmann, Jem Smith
Art: Marcelle Marais, Luc Wolthers, Dawid Strauss, Filip Orekhov
Sound: Jason Sutherland
Producer: Shaz Strauss
Language / Cultural Advisor: Justin Amirkhani
Writing: Rodain Joubert
GET THE GAME:
GORN is currently available on Steam Early Access for $19.99.
– New & improved blood
– New night time arena for Champion battles
– A new armor type for enemies
– A Katana
– New title screen
– Rework to the cell for performance
– Combat scene performance improvements
– Fixes/improvements to two handed weapon handling (probably still WIP)
– A rework to how the mobility caestus work, hopefully making them more powerful and less finicky to use
– Several graphical tweaks & improvements to both arenas
- Introducing a NEW CHAMPION (AND A HALF)! Taking too much or too little steroids can have severe adverse effects on the muscular development of a gladiator. Our new champion team, The Giant (and Mitch) demonstrates both!
- Crossbow caestus!
- New weapons - including the Greataxe, Chainblade, Throwing Shield - and by far our most requested weapon...the Greatsword!
- New bigger and better arena, with environmental hazards for you to use against your enemies.
- New difficulty setting under Gameplay Options - now goes up to NIGHTMARE difficulty! Enemies are tougher and more ruthless, and you have less time to recover from hits.
- New look “Low Violence” mode - let us know what you think!
- Improved combat physics and animations
- Improved cell and arena visuals - from our testing performance should be as before or better, let us know if that's not the case for you!
- Option to disable blur
- Improved and expanded options for rotation
New blood tech:
- TRIALS! Per-weapon score attack trials that you unlock alongside each weapon!
- CUSTOM GAME MODE! A “custom game” mode with dozens of settings to tweak!
- HONEY BADGERS!
- ASYMMETRIC LOCAL MULTIPLAYER! Other people can play along using gamepads!
- TWO NEW CHAMPIONS! Face down the most nimble and elusive Champion to ever set foot in the arena, or cower in terror before the awesome might of the mysterious BADGERMANCER!
- PHYSICS IMPROVEMENTS! Hundreds of physics improvements to weapons and enemies!
- MASSIVE PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS! The game runs at a higher framerate overall, and the times when the FPS spikes has been reduced. In addition, there are some basic quality settings now to help address this.
- MORE OPTIONS! Easy mode, locomotion, quality and more!
- GRAPHICS OVERHAUL! EVEN MORE BLOOD!
- THIRD PERSON CAMERA! Press SPACE to toggle camera angle and to check out your friend’s sweet moves in glorious third person perspective!
- DIFFICULTY AND OTHER GAMEPLAY TWEAKS!