Welcome to all our new fans! Here’s the bro down:
– Have you checked out the Steam Discussions yet?
– Read previous newsletters on the website.
– Access the latest version of the game by visiting your Humble Bundle page (log into Humble Bundle or use the link they sent you when you pre-ordered, visit your library and click on Broforce) – or play it on Steam (updates automatically).
We greased up the proverbial elbows and managed to knock off a long list of bugs in Broforce. And probably created a whole new list of bugs in the process…but, you know, out with the old…
▪ Death Match and Versus Mode actually work now
▪ Brodowns no longer immediately end if there’s a draw in Deathmatch
▪ Load times taking progressively longer in some instances has been improved
▪ Main menu lag improved
▪ Menu highlight height is now 25% shorter to fix the bleed
▪ Selecting “BACK” from the versus menu no longer locks the game
▪ Published offline campaigns can now be played via the custom campaign menu
▪ Campaigns with no title don’t mess up the offline campaign browser anymore
▪ “AREA LIBERATED” end mission text mask no longer looks pinched
▪ Option to force hard mode in custom levels added
▪ Input system rebuilt from scratch – should fix all XBone controller related issues, better binding, rumble added (XBox controllers only)
▪ General cinematics polish and improvements
▪ Bug preventing you from picking up ammo in CR 666 boss stage is fixed
▪ Brolander and Broden have been added to the credits background pic
▪ New and improved fireballs
▪ Ellen Ripbro’s unlimited specials bug is fixed
▪ Scaffolding (6) no longer hangs the game if no ceiling in the level
▪ Helicopter boss level with the crash/die bug has been fixed
▪ Fixed the bug preventing the final achievement from being unlocked on Iron Bro/Hard Mode
▪ Ash’s double chainsaw bug (whilst using melee and special) is fixed
▪ Corner avatar no longer bugs out after you die as Broveheart while using his special
▪ Brobocop special targeting attack bug (sometimes interrupting targeting) now fixed
▪ World Map black mist
▪ Night level lights wrong graphic fixed
▪ Assmouth should load correctly now
▪ Boneworms explode better now
▪ Mook Launcher boss difficulty tweaked (he’s harder to kill now)
▪ Iron Bro floating crates bug fixed
▪ Fixed dog howl (no longer sounds like hell beast)
NEW STEAM ACHIEVEMENTS!
(We’ll leave it to you to explore them)
▪ “Front row ticket to the gun show, baby”
▪ “You’re fired”
▪ “I’ll be back”
▪ “I must be on Broadway”
▪ “No ticket”
▪ “I didn’t want to resort to violence, but I didn’t have a choice”
WHO’S THAT BRO?
We have another update coming at you in the next few weeks, and without giving too much away, there might just be a new bro (or three). Who’s That Bro???
ADOPT A MOOK!
Adorable plushie suicide mooks will be available for purchase off Devolver’s online store in the next few days!
BROFORCE WINS GOLDEN TRAILER AWARD!
The glorious Ballad of Rambro trailer won the “Most Innovative Advertising for a Video Game Award” at the Golden Trailer Awards 2016! Huge congratulations to our benevolent publisher overlords Devolver Digital, video game trailer sorcerer Kert Gartner, and the man behind the music, Deon Van Heerden! (And, of course, America, for the endless inspiration)
JACUZZI, CIGARS…AND SOME OTHER STUFF WE’VE BEEN UP TO
Besides the obvious lazing about in golden jacuzzis smoking Cuban cigars, we’ve managed to find a little bit of time to do some new stuff. That is, once we got over the bizarre emptiness of not crunching-on-Broforce-for-36-hours-straight-then-crunching-some-more. Case in point, our NSFW multiplayer butt sex prototype, “Genital Jousting”.
Which inspired this awesome in-depth (sorry) article by Jess Joho, published on Killscreen.
“Featuring by far the most superb ass-feel ever experienced in a game”
And actually managed to win an award of its own at AMAZE Berlin 2016 International Independent Video Games Festival.
THAT’S ALL FOR NOW!
But – you know it – “We’ll be back”